Tuesday, July 29, 2008

There's something about a wedding

Sunday afternoon I logged on to the internet to find an email that read:

"Hey Mr. & Mrs. Bumpy, as you know Rick and I have been engaged for a while now. We haven't really made any specific plans for a wedding, so here's the deal... we are having a ceremony Monday evening on the beach at Golden Gardens..."

Last night we attended the wedding of Rick Herron and Liz Smith (now Mr. and Mrs Herron) and although it was spur of the moment and a little chaotic, it was absolutely beautiful. It's amazing how the marriage of two people, no matter how formal or informal the situation, manages to bring a tear to my eye every time. So many of us spend so much time and effort on our weddings that we get caught up in the event and forget about the reason we are doing in. Don't get me wrong, I had my dream wedding and wouldn't change a thing, but it was nice to be reminded of the core of these events. LOVE.
Enjoy the pictures (please forgive the lighting).

1 comment:

Meg said...

So romantic!!!
Tell the happy couple that they have loving well-wishers out in the blog-o-sphere <3