Thursday, August 21, 2008

Couch to 5k

So here's the deal... a few weeks ago my sister went skydiving and Maddie was lucky enough do be down on the ground and watch her land. She pretty much thought it was to coolest thing ever and proceeded to ask me if I would jump out of an airplane. There were two reasons for my reply of "no thanks" 1) because the idea of jumping out of an airplane scares the living day lights out of me, and 2) because as it turns out, I am actually over the wieght limit for a tandem jump. Ouch! Sorry kid, Mommy can't do that because she's too fat. Obviously not something any parent ever wants to say to their child.

Although the information is saddening, it's a good thing this situation occured. It put me back in to fitness mode which I have not been in since pre-wedding (unfortunately causing me to pack on a few since then). I did some research based on some programs I knew others had been on with success, and decided to tackle the Couch to 5k. Kevin and I went for our first 20 minute jog yesterday and it was absolutely invigorating. I know, 20 minutes is not so impressive (especially after I point out that the program had us alternating 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking), but man did it kick my big mama booty. I of course immediately came home and took a cold shower (my face was red like a tomato!) and you know what? I was still sweating after my shower! I love the feeling of a good workout and the energy rush it brings afterwards. My calves and abs are a bit tired today which is great, and I am truly looking forward to tomorrow (the program has us running 3 days a week).

As far as my diet, well I am simply trying to "watch what I eat" and use good judgement. If needed I will tackle larger adjustments later in to my program. For now, just trying to drink my daily water.

We took pictures of our chubby bodies after the run yesterday for later comparison, but I will spare you the visuals :)

No comments: