Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Daily dose of inspiration #3



I am ALL about the country charm master bedroom. I already (sorry, WE) have the perfect bedding, bed frame, and dresser for it. Our furniture is a nice antique stain rather than the white so it will still give the rooms a hint of masculinity while remaining relaxing and pleasing to the eye. The walls (not sure how many) will be painted a very pale, soft, mint green (PMS 344, Madeira 1047 who work in apparel like myself). When we finally have the new room I also plan to matte and frame some photos from our wedding (see floral photos below) to hang around the room to add some nice decor but still avoiding mass produced art. I like the idea of cracked white painted frames but I am not sure that would work with our furniture. We will see what I find. I want them to be old and have personality. I am thinking Goodwill will be my best bet. Depending on the size of the room I may look in to adding a winged back chair. I have one in the basement that I think would be super easy to recover. Plus it would get Kevin's favorite chair back in the house.


No comments: