Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Wonderful Sunday

Talk about starting March off with a bang. Today has been a truly wonderful Sunday.

This morning I woke up before my family (a rarity considering Maddie is usually up by 7 on Sundays. She must have been tired...). After a quick shower I headed off to a meditation circle at my church. CSL offers a guided meditation before first service on Sundays. I have been wanting to give it a try for months now and finally did. It was truly wonderful. I was able to completely let go of myself and give in to the guided shakrah cleansing (not sure if that is what they call it but it's close enough). Afterwards I felt so alive!!!

After meditation I went to first service. The message of course was uplifting as always. Kathianne has this way of speaking that always makes me feel as though she is speaking directly to me. I will admit though, I do not like the 9:00 service as much as the 11:00 service. The dynamic amongst members isn't as alive and peppy. Suffice to say I will be going back to second service next week.

After service I had brunch with Sody at Cafe Presse and enjoyed a DELICIOUS Croque Monsieur (Baked ham, gruyere and béchamel sandwich). If you haven't already, I highly recommend dining there.
I made it home around 11:30 and picked up Maddie & Kevin for a trip to Wallingford Playground (or "Museum Park" as Maddie named it almost 2 years ago). We played outside for about an hour before our friends the rain clouds decided to join us. At that time we walked over to Tophy Cupcakes to pick up two cupcakes for us to snack on later.

Lunch time! Maddie and Kevin were hungry for lunch and we were all feeling lazy. So, we went to Kidd Valley for grilled cheese sandwiches. That's when it happened. "He" sat down in the booth directly behind ours. Facing none other than ME. I was staring at this beautiful man thinking to myself "Do I know him?". Kevin says to me "What?" knowing that I am distracted. I quietly whisper to him but he can't hear me (man that place is packed on Sundays!). This time, a little bit louder and more clearly, he hears me. Kevin then proceeds to turn to verify and confirms that I am correct. The man I am staring at is the beautiful, handsome, extremely sexy Dave Matthews (don't worry, Kevin is very aware how attracted to him I was. I told him all about it while I tried not to stare). At one point I said to Kevin "it's too bad he not on my "list". My darling husband's response (as if I would have even had a chance) was "sorry, the list is not changeable in the presence of a the new addition". It was a good lunch.

Off to the grocery store after lunch and now we are home. Tonight's dinner: flat iron steak tacos with red cabbage and spanish rice. YUM!!!!!!


No comments: