Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bookshelf project

Hello dear friends! With the repairs in our house coming to an end, we FINALLY are able to start decorating. First step - bookshelves! I saw this wonderful before/after segment on designsponge and am attempting to apply it to my onw home. Here is our current living room (along with a dancing Maddie):

Here is the before/after segment I am pulling my inspirationg from:

The back splash on our bookshelves will be the haddon hall green of our walls, and the face of the bookshelves will be the coconut color of our molding and fireplace. The idea is to make the everything on that wall (firplace and bookshelves) work together as one piece. I will post pictures as soon as it is complete! (gool: next weekend).

1 comment:

Beth Tunnell said...

Good luck! We've been trying to figure out our bookshelves since we moved in... And I really miss our books! I hope yours turns out great. The design looks really nice.